Monday, January 13, 2014

shower

When I wasn't pretending that I was going into labor to freak Grahm out this weekend (I know, I know. Wife of the year!), I was with some pretty fan-freakin-tastic women, celebrating the impending arrival (less than two weeks!) of little Miss Sawyer Marie.  
Everyone showered us with so much love. It was such a special time to see women from so many different aspects of my life gather together for Baby Girl.
Sawyer now has a wardrobe that's making her "hey, this black dress is the only thing that fits" mamma jealous. (Is it acceptable for your baby to be better dressed than you? Good.) My sweet mother-in-law even gave me some cute clothes that Grahm wore as a tinysmall, which will be the only reason my child will ever wear the Aggie logo.

I (hilariously) had trouble getting a few presents out of their bags. I'm crossing my fingers that isn't some kind of cruel foreshadowing to how labor is gonna go.
Little Bear (aka Sawyer's future man) kept everyone entertained while I opened presents.
The Redeemer women I am so very blessed to know!
My sweet friends Haley, Jessica, and Janessa who hosted, made delicious food, and crafted the cutest decorations! They're pretty swell.
Tiffany, on the left, is a dear friend from college. Pretty sure 99% of my OU memories involve her in some way. So thankful she drove down from Austin to be there! Sarah, on the right, is my blogging bud and one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet. She took all these fabulous pictures, because I forced her she's so wonderful.
Grahm's adorable grandmothers. Grandmother hand-stitched this beautiful quilt that I will cherish for years and years. Mama Beth was telling me that I was very special because she "gave up her Sunday afternoon nap for this." 

We are so thankful for the wonderful women who put all this together, came, and showered us with so much love! We could not be more grateful for everyone's kindness and generosity. 
Now it's time to focus on getting this kiddo out of the oven. Does anyone have some spicy food?

Becca Moss, you are the winner of the canvas giveaway! Check your email! :)

30 comments:

P!nky said...

You look so wonderful and the food looks tasty!

Kaity said...

Eek! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait for Sawyer's arrival- can't imagine how you're feeling! Much love to you and your hubby :)

Amie said...

How fun & that blanket is just too sweet! Congrats to you!

Kaysie said...

THE QUILT! I love baby showers, even if strangers blog about them, I always think it's interesting. I can't wait to see little S sporting those little dresses. 2 weeks is so soon... !

Jay T said...

You look so so beautiful!!!!! The shower looks like so much fun ... aren't baby girl clothes the best???

Pamela said...

Oh how sweet! Beautiful shower! You look SO GOOD!

Whitney M. @ The Married Me said...

I love that she told you she gave up her nap for this! Too funny!

Ktbuttons said...

Yep, that quilt is amazing! My mama is a quilter and to know how much time and talent goes into a quilt is truly amazing. Such a prized and meaningful gift! Happy two week mark! :)

Erin LFF said...

So excited for you girly :) So happy Sawyer now has lots of fashionable options and that GORGEOUS quilt... hurry up and get here already!!!

Whitney Alison said...

Your shower looks awesome! Boomer got quite the wardrobe at hers. Lasted her all the way to 2T if I remember right. She's always been dressed better than me :) You look so pretty! Your hair is GORGEOUS!

Chelsea Oliver said...

All these pictures are so beautiful, Jena! Looks like such a great time!

-Chelsea
chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

Katie Did What said...

HA! LOVE the bottom right picture- so cute! :) And love what she told you. Oh, sassy grandmas. The best.

xo

Brandy said...

Aww. Great shower! You look fabulous & Sawyer is so well love already!
Can't believe you only have than 2 more weeks! YAY!

Kristen Danielle said...

How sweet! Looks like it was a fantastic day! Congrats on being so close to Sawyers arrival!

Chelsea Edwards said...

That quilt is so beautiful. I love the fabric, and the pattern is so detailed! That grandma is a keeper!! And, you look so cute!

Heather @ Heathers Hurrah said...

Spicy food, s-e-x and scrubbing the floor on your hands and knees (if you can)....good luck! Cute shower pics!!

Becky said...

I can't wait to see pictures of Sawyer IN those clothes! :) Looks like a wonderful day!!

Amanda said...

So weird to see someone you know on a random blog. Hi Sarah! And congrats on the Roach baby!

Kelsey Eaton said...

what a gorgeous shower you lucky girl! I am so excited for little Sawyer to come!!

Julie Joy said...

What a beautiful shower! You look so great!! :)

Elizabeth Than said...

So exciting~

Fairy Princess Jord said...

1) You are the cutest little pregnant woman I've ever seen.
2) Your shower looks perfect! Can't wait for the arrival of your precious baby girl!

Allison said...

Holy moly...less than 2 weeks?!?! So exciting!!!! Looks like an amazing shower girl. So glad for you. :)

Susannah said...

What a fabulous shower!!! You and your baby girl are so very loved!

The Lady Okie said...

That quilt is gorgeous! Can't believe it's only two weeks away!

Katie Cook said...

What a gorgeous shower!! Congrats sweet girl:) Excited to get to know you more!!! xxoo Katie

Kayla MKOY said...

That quilt!!! So special!!! Cannot wait to see little miss Sawyer! :)

CoastWithMe said...

Jena you are soo freaking cute! I love your outfit! The white blazer with the dress...very fashionable darling! Congrats on your baby shower! Can't wait to meet Sawyer Marie (virtually)! :)

beautifulmess said...

It's definitely in the norm for the baby to be dressed better than the parents. I remember my mom telling me that she'd received so many cute, frilly dresses as gifts when I was born that there were days we weren't leaving the house, but she still dressed me in one of those dresses just so I had a chance to wear them at least once.

Mason's Mama said...

What a precious shower! I adore that quilt!