Monday, February 18, 2013

Liar, Liar Pants On...

I'm a fantastic fibber. I lie about my weight, my bra size, and how many McDonald's fries I've pounded on a daily basis. So how bout a grand ol' linkup so y'all can call me out on these shenanigans? Two truths and a lie. Link up with Sar, Alexa, Lo, and me!

1. I graduated with a whoppin' 16 people in high school. It was like that one bizarre TLC show "19 Kids and Counting." All the plaid and pleated skirts, just not all the kids.

2.  My first kiss was after hours at school, near the lockers. I was 14, and did not know what to do with my hands! ("I guess I'll just put them in my pockets...") It was 2.2 seconds long (yes, I counted), and a teacher just so happened to be walking by as we made our way to Puckerville. The principal did not approve... we were busted.

3. Grahm and I were long distance for the first 5 months of our relationship. Yeah, I know--- desperado losers. He was in Florida winding up his degree, and I was in Oklahoma finishing mine. Eventually, we strapped on our "big girl-boy relationship panties" (weird mental image) and lived in the same town.

Alright, alright. You caught me. They're all truths. (I'm failure at my own linkup.)
I was definitely that plaid-wearing, private schooler who pecked her high school boyfriend after her guitar lesson at school and totally got caught in the not-so-glorious process. Embarrassing. If you're gonna kiss for the first time, have half a brain cell to not to do it at your Christian school. Sheeshkabobs. 
Grahm and I were long distance, which I don't recommend. At all. We were both incredibly poor, so I don't know how we made the 17-hour trip to see each other as often as we did. Somehow, it worked. And his bony little hip is forever chained to mine.

24 comments:

lo @ crazy ever after said...

Whhhhhhaaat??? No lies? Oh well. I think I made up for your lack of them. So far Alexa is the only one who has followed through with this link up in it's entirety. Such a good girl.

Helene said...

What about graduating with 16 people?! I must know more!

Ashley from The Kitchen-Sink Chronicles said...

16 kids?! I thought graduating with a class of only 96 kids was ridiculous!

I honestly can't imagine a 17 hour drive... it was obviously meant to be though!

Rachel said...

I know how you feel about LDR's--my husband and I didn't live in the same state during our entire 8 month relationship until two weeks before we got married. And for 3 months of that, we were living in different countries. And people wonder why we wanted to get married after only 8 months...

Amy said...

Hey hey...not lying is totally fine! :)
Great truths, and i'm sure the class of 16 made for some great memories/stories....like the one of you getting caught kissing. UHMAZBALLS! People were kissing all the time in our hallways, the joys of public school!

Ashley Robyn said...

hahahha! This made me giggle. My husband and I did the whole long distance shenanigans and I think your first kiss is one to remember forever! :) Following along from the fun link up via Alexa. Have a great Tuesday!

Sarah said...

I was hoping #3 was wrong, but dang. Regardless, you're hilarious. I remember my first kiss and thank gosh, no principal was around. ;)

Neely said...

HAHAH I had the hardest time coming up with a lie!

Married...with a Pup said...

Hahaha love this link up. I can't believe your graduating class was so small. That's crazy!

Samantha said...

Totally agree on the long distance thing! My bf and I were "long distance" for the first year of our relationship. Only 45 minutes apart, but when you work 8-5 and commute 45 miles one way, driving the opposite direction anytime, but the weekends, just didn't work well. I could never ever do it again and give huge props to people who can handle greater distances for longer periods of time!

Emily said...

haha---you cheater! Loved getting to know you better!! Andrew and I were long distance our whole 3 years of dating, but luckily, it wasn't a terribly long distance; we were two hours apart and tried to visit every other weekend. Thanks for hosting!

Sara said...

That is a seriously small graduating class. I thought mine was tiny, and we had maybe 100 total. :-)

Staci said...

Hahhaa oh man. I seriously sat there for like TEN MINUTES trying to decide which one wasn't true before I realized I got to scroll down & see the answer! I suck. I'm really glad you counted the seconds in your first kiss. So romantic.

Yesi said...

Hahaa this is awesome <3

put a bow on it [kaitlyn] said...

16 people?! I had more than 16 people in each class during the day at my HS. But that sounds really fun in a weird way! I graduated with around 800, and have always thought going to a small school would have been fun!

Amie said...

Ahh yes, the small Christian High School classes, I graduated with 25...good times! ;)

Emily said...

i'm kind of diggin' the hands in pockets comment for kissing. i mean first of all, awkward kissings hands STILL happen, not gonna lie. second of all, what's more relaxing than kissing AND resting those hands in your pockets? i love it

Jamie K. said...

cheater ;) haha!! I totally should have put my first kiss as one... no one would believe it I bet!! Let's do this again sometime!! Baha.

Kalyn V said...

I was going to guess the first kiss was a lie. My first kiss was playing truth or dare on the school bus when I was 13. Great truths, I'm your newest follower ;).

Kalyn @ Life as I Pretend to Know It

Jaz said...

I was hoping the first was the lie, I just couldn't imagine going to a school that small. My graduating class was over 600! Thank you for hosting the link-up!!

Maxine said...

I'm glad this link up led me to your blog :-) I love!!!

Jess @ Blonde Meets World said...

Hellooooo there! I came across your blog through the link up and I absolutely love it! I also can't believe you only had 16 kids in your class. Here I was thinking my class of 120 was small...

Allison said...

16 in your class? Wowzers! I thought for sure that was the lie. I knew that last one was true (are you proud?)

Melissa Knott said...

I missed the link-up. Dang. But I LOVED this!! So funny.