Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday Sweetness

It's my favorite day of the week again! I may or may not still be in my pajamas. Nothing says, "It's Sarturday!" quite like avoiding slapping some DO on the ungodly amounts of BO pouring out of me and saying goodbye to the usual restraints of wearing a bra. It's Saturday or "Take me as I am" day in the Roach household.

Today (this week really) has been/is sweet for many reasons.

I've gotten a few more freelance jobs, which is exciting! I'm doing anything from editing articles, ghostwriting, and rewording/editing charismatic Christian nonfiction. That last one has been the most interesting, for sure. Apparently "prophets" don't like it when you correct the grammar in God's voice. Despite the craziness of these projects, I'm thankful for them. We can officially start saving for a house now. (That last sentence makes me feel old. I mean, I shouldn't own a house... I don't even know what a mortgage is.)

Source
I got a new iPhone case. My sparkly one broke, and I need something to protect my girl. It's amazing what all you can do with this bad mammajamma. I don't know how/if I would survive if something happened to her. She's like my first child (except that I'm dependent on her, not the other way around).

And yesssss, I do realize this is backwards. Don't worry about it.
My husband is the greatest thing since sliced bread. We decided to go out to eat last night, and apparently so did everybody and their second mother. We wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse, and I guess everyone decided to Valentine's Day earlier (lame) cause there was an hour and a half wait. Holy crap, no steak is worth that.

I wanted so desperately to see The Vow (don't judge me, you know you wanna see it too) but we're gonna wait till Tuesday. Dinner was grand, even if he talked almost the entire night in an Italian mobster accent.


Yesterday I took a break from ghostwriting and went through all the pictures on my computer. This is a dangerous and time-consuming task. I caution everyone who wants to go do this. You probably aren't gonna like what you find. For example, I realized how incredibly vain I am. Basically all my photos from 2004-2006 are of me. And they're hilarious. Apparently I thought I was model material back in the day. I cringed on more than one occasion looking through these.

One of the gems I found was this senior picture. I would love to go back in time and ask myself "WHY, good lord, WHY?" Why are you wearing that hideous hat that you NEVER wore until that photo shoot? No it's not cute. Why are you wearing a wanna-be Inspector Gadget trench coat? No it's not stylish. And if you just had to have a rose (I wasn't even obsessed with the Bachelor yet!) WHY couldn't you get one that looked more alive? That combined with my baby troll face is just too much...


Tonight we are going to chow down on some pizza and play Settlers with Grahm's parents. I usually only like the games where you don't have to think a lot, but you get to scream at normally unacceptable decibels. This one, however, I learned from nannying the same kiddos for three years. It's all about strategy, and I'm pretty awesome at it. These fools are going down.

This is G in the old apartment. He probably lost this game.

What are you guys up to? Why has your Saturday been sweet?

23 comments:

Ashley said...

I soo badly need to go through and organize the photos on my computer!! I won't find many of myself, as I am usually the only one who takes pics!!

Lauren said...

You two are so cute. That's a great picture :)
Sounds like a really good weekend to me!

Alana Christine said...

I completely agree about braless Saturdays!! hahaha
I can't wait to see the Vow!!
Where do you find these jobs? Craigslist? Bet you find some "interesting" things there. lol
I think you look gorgeous in the senior picture! lol
Have a great weekend ; )

smalltown20something said...

You should read "The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, and Broke" by Suze Orman. (She'll make thinking about stuff like mortgages easy!)

Kylie said...

Ha! I have some terrible senior photos, too! Poor fashion choices and artificial foliage. Not good!

Britt @ The Magnolia Pair said...

We're seeing it tonight! I won't spoil anything in my post! And Saturday is my favorite day too :)

Chelsea L said...

Sounds like an awesome Saturday :) We're going out for sushi...drinks at a dueling piano bar...then THE VOW! Wooo!!!

Madeline Grace said...

Your Saturdays sound like my Saturdays!

We are watching movies and spending our day avoiding our to-do list!

Allison said...

I was in my pjs until 5:00. Saturdays are so nice. I am going to see the Vow this week too...along with everyone else. I heard it was AMAZING!

Deidre said...

Sounds like a great weekend is in store for you! Also I'm fascinated by your editing and ghost writing freelance gigs!

Leslie @ Body Won't Break said...

We saw "The Vow" this afternoon! So good! We celebrated V-Day early since I'll work 14 hours on Monday and Wednesday and also since my husband has to be at work by 5am. We've gotten lame in our three years of marriage.

stephanie said...

I am literally rolling at the thought of pissing off prophets for grammatically correcting God.... seriously nearly crying laughing.

stephanie said...

how did you get into doing freelance work? I've got a degree in journalism and have never used it but want to... it's just hard with the hubs being military!

That Brunette One said...

Your phone cover is adorable.. package it up and send it across to me whenever youre over it lol! x

Dale JaneƩ said...

Your blog is so cute and that's really cool you're getting freelance writing jobs as I can tell by reading this post you're definitely a talented writer. Love your new IPhone case too...and you and your hubby seem so happy. Hope you have a good time at dinner on Tuesday and I went to Texas for the first time last Sept and San Antonio was my favorite part! I loved the River Walk. :)

Following you now, thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)
xoDale
www.savvyspice.net

Crystal said...

The thought of organizing my pictures on the computer frightens me a bit. So many pics! So many drinking pics! Ugh! Maybe one of these days I'll tackle it as well.

Game nights with family are the best, aren't they? I always loved playing Pictionary, Taboo, and Uno of coures! Sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday :)

Alyx said...

Hahahaha, I love that picture, and don't worry - I'm sure I have some in the depths of my hard drive that could rival it. I just choose to ignore them until the time comes in 20 years where I'm organizing photos and showing my kids how dorky I was (read: still am).
Settlers is pretty much the best game ever, although I still manage to get worked up during that game, too. I think I'm just too competitive for my own good.

Jenna said...

Congrats on the freelance work! - I'm always so stoked when extra income comes my way - although I normally just spend the money on clothes or eating out rather than saving for a house ;)

Glad you're having a great weekend, enjoy game night with the in-laws :)

xxx
Jenna

Nagehan said...

I love Saturdays too. I was downtown at a friend's party while J was only a couple of blocks away hanging out with his friends he hasn't seen in a decade. We danced our asses off while singing to I Wanna Dance With Somebody while crying our eyes out. It's been an interesting weekend to say the least.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Congrats on the jobs, that's really awesome!

And thanks for visiting my blog :) Have a great week!

Megan @ Tales of an HBS Wife said...

I love your phone case - too cute! Congrats on the jobs - I hope you're able to get a house soon!

Melissa Knott said...

Buying a new home is SO exciting!!

Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the phone case. The saying "Keep Calm and Carry On" was the saying at my royal wedding themed bridal shower. I love it.

marie said...

I have my fair share of cringe inducing pictures. I have no problem erasing most of them. And yes, why do people use roses as props, too funny.