Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leapin' Lizards

Guys, leap year. February 29.

The day anything goes, cause it's just extra. For tweny-four precious hours, we get to do whatever we want. It's like Vegas. What happens today, stays in today. It's almost like it never happened.

The only people we should feel sorry for are birthday leap babies. (If I was a leapling, I'd demand my birthday be celebrated the other 365 days of the year. That's a whole lot of cake. I'd also be 5.)  I betcha every man in the world would love this to be his anniversary; he'd only have to remember it every four years.

We don't get these throw-away days very often, so we should make the most of it. Right?

I may get a tattoo on my fanny that says "Leaping since '89."
I may go blast my neighbors car with 366 eggs. (Just kidding, that'd be expensive.)
I may go try out for the Olympics. I hear running to the fridge is a new relay. Winning!


This is us leaping, because it's leap year. (Blooper from engagement pictures.) My white boy has some serious ups, whereas I'm dangerously close to a wardrobe malfunction. It also kinda looks like I'm pooping.

So today, do something you'd never normally do! Leap into the possibilities... now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to do laundry.

21 comments:

Melissa Knott said...

Don't normally do laundry, eh?

Happy Leap Day! :)

Nagehan said...

I love you! You make me laugh :)

Michelle P said...

I love that picture!

lo @ crazy ever after said...

Don't flash your Brittany. ;) But do show us a pic of your sweet new tat if you get it.

Wait. This is a very inappropriate comment. Sorry.

Britt @ The Magnolia Pair said...

Cutest picture! I am loving it! And cute title name! I am forgetting, but isn't there a movie with that saying "leaping lizards" ? I wanna say the little rascals?

Hannah said...

This post made me smile big time. Love your witty musings. I'm going to go do something crazy now. Like the dishes. ;)

P.S. How does your husband jump so high!!!

Erin said...

Hahaha- Totally looks like he's doing a canonball in midair! Love it! you crack me up :)

ms.composure said...

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed reading this post!! LOVIN that pic!! LoL so cute

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Jenna said...

Haha, I was just about to say your husband has serious jumping skills, but then I saw that you had already taken note of his rare ability!

Luckily I'm not a leap year baby, if I was I'd demand that my birthday be celebrated on both the 28th and the 1st, since it's impossible to choose which one is closer :)

xxx
Jenna

Emily Hope said...

Dude white boy can jump - seriously!

Kenneth and Kacey said...

That picture is serious! Crazy!

Lauren said...

that picture is fantastic! of course I think your caption is maybe more hilarious than the photo!

lori said...

your posts are always so funny! i would hate to have a leap year bday. and love that picture.

anna.montana said...

BEST PICTURE EVER

Alana Christine said...

I thought about getting another tattoo today, but decided against it... lol
I always thought it would have been cool to be a Leap Day baby! Although now I'm thinking I should get married on Leap Day!! hahaha. Good think I have a few more years before I have to figure that one out ; )

I really think you cropped the trampoline out of the bottom of that picture because he has some SERIOUS height. lol

Madeline Grace said...

Your husband got some serious air! That is so amazing! Also, I bet if every man in the world could get married on leap day so they wouldn't have to remember it every 4 years I bet some would STILL forget! lol

I didn't do anything interesting because, sadly, despite the AMAZING weather I still had to go to school!

-Madeline Grace
Just Let the Sparrows Fly

Karla said...

hahah I seriously hope that picture is canvassed and posted on your living room wall! Laundry eh?.. I might just get all crazy and cook or something I’m feeling daring lol!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Happy leap day! :)

Miranda said...

haha that picture of you is so funny! you look worried your dress is about to fly up! and i love that tattoo idea ;) lol

Alicia said...

Thats an awesome photo of you to jumping. My daughter and I used our leap day to be far to lazy. I probably should of done laundry too....but we spent the day in our p.js close to the couch.
P.S I lovvve your wedding photo at the top of your blog....you guys look so amazing! :)

Aissa said...

Never thought of doing a canonball on jumping pics. I'll have to try that! Your boy has some hops! And man, why didn't I think of posting our engagement jumping pics? Welp, Leap Day has passed, darn. Hope you siezed the day!